Gord Dibben

Diz

Try the usual fix(es) for this problem.

ToolsOptionsGeneral uncheck "Ignore other Applications"
Exit Excel and try again

If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel

Close Excel first and
On the Windows Taskbar

1) StartRun "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)OK.
2) StartRun "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)OK.
See the space between exe and /regserver

You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe.
In that case StartRun "C:\yourpath\excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)OK.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 13:17:06 -0800, "Dizzyone"
wrote:

I ran a repair on all Microsoft files and it must have reset something so
that existing spreadsheets can only be opened using FILE/OPEN.

When I double click on an existing worksheet in a folder, Excel opens but I
have to do a FILE/OPEN to get my existin file to open.