Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
robertlewis robertlewis is offline

Default Combining rows with similar data

Thanks Jim
I have tried subtotals but it does not leave me with a complete row of data,
just the subtotals. My example is simplified but the actual spreadsheet has
23 columns of data.

"Jim Cone" wrote:

Try using the Excel "Subtotals" feature on the Data menu.
If your data is sorted then it will do what you want.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"robertlewis"
wrote in message
I have a list of data in rows with several rows being more or less a
duplicate of each other apart from some figures in one column. I want to be
able to add the figures together and end up with only one row for each set of
data. An added complication is that the data changes daily!!

e.g.
Data I have is:
Ref Name Amount
23 John 20.00