Nick Hodge

you need to understand how excel treat dates and times to understand what is
happening. Without code what you want cannot be done

To understand dates/times and for the code to fix what you want, check here

www.cpearson.com/excel/datetime.htm

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"ladimples247" wrote in message

I need some help. I'm trying to put a formula in a cell to ready only
the date. When i set the date and type in 02162005 it gives me a date
for 5/14/19. how can I fix it for it to show todays date in that one
cell. Yeah i can use control, ; but i have multiple users and dont
know that much of excel. so im trying to set it up for when they type
in the date it would appear todays date or the date they want to use.
for example I want today's date 02162005 to appear as 2/16/2005 in the
cell. Help please !!!!!!!!

--
ladimples247
ladimples247's Profile: