Ken Wright

One possibility is that you need to delete any empty modules that may have
housed macros.

Hit ALT+F11 and this will open the VBE (Visual Basic Editor)
Top left you will hopefully see an explorer style pane. Within this pane
you need to search for
your workbook's name, and when you find it you may need to click on the + to
expand it. Within
that you should see the following:-

VBAProject(Your_Filename)
Microsoft Excel Objects
Sheet1(Sheet1)
Sheet2(Sheet2)
Sheet3(Sheet3)
ThisWorkbook
Modules
Module1
Module2
etc etc (You may have just 1 of these)

If you have named your sheets then those names will appear in the brackets
above as opposed to
what you see at the moment in my note.

Right click on the modules and select remove. When prompted with a question
re exporting, just
hit no. Then hit File / Close and return to Microsoft Excel and save the
file.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"gls858" wrote in message
I have a workbook that consists of 15 worksheets. One for each
month and then a summary page for the year plus a couple of
worksheets containing charts. Every time I open it I'm prompted
that the workbook contains macros. I haven't created any macros.
I go to toolsmacros and bring up the window no macros are shown.
Anybody have any ideas why this is happening? Not really a show
stopper but rather irritating.

gls858