Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ernest Lai Ernest Lai is offline

Default Filling in today's date against every record

Hi All,

I have a spreadsheet that will contain varying amounts of data (lets say
between 20,000 and 40,000) records. I have created a macro that will sort
this data into a specific format. Now i want to just put todays data against
every record. (So basically i want "=today()" all down column A.) I also
dont want more than I need. So if i have 20,000 records I only want 20,000
dates pasted in.

I have tried using "record a macro" whilst recording I use:
"end + down arrow" to find the last record then shift accross to the left,
then
"shift + end + up arrow" Then pasting in the date. However record a macro,
just fills in the cells A1:A20000. So if I then have a sheet with 30,000
records im missing a lot of dates.

Anyone have an idea?

Thanks in advance, any help is much appreciated :)

Ernest

ps. have a good weekend