seawren

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I don't think that will do it. What
I need is a function (probably a macro rather than a formula) that will look
at the item numbers in 2 workbooks. If an item # exists in both Book A and
Book B, and contains data for length, width and height in Book B, it will
overwrite that data to Book A. If the item number doesn't exist in Book B, or
there is no data for length, width or height, then it will not overwrite
those fields in Book A.

I suspect I'm going to have to move to Access to do this.

"Angie Todd [MSFT]" wrote:

Try using the "Vlookup" functionality in Excel. There are a lot more details
under the Help file in Excel...just type "Vlookup"

Hope that helps - I'm not an expert on it, but know that it exists.

eawren" wrote:

I maintain a workbook containing packaging info (dimensions + weight) for
about 9000 items. If sizes are changed, I receive a spreadsheet from someone
else containing the updated data for a subset of those items. Is there a way
to compare item numbers (unique identifiers) and automatically copy over the
updated information?