Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
gwinder gwinder is offline

Default Spellcheck function in Protected Sheet

Thanks Gord.

Yes...my code was stolen for the forum for the wrap text with merged cells.
I'll try this. Is "justme" the password?

Gary

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Gary

Sub Spell_Check()
ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="justme"
Cells.CheckSpelling SpellLang:=1033
ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="justme", DrawingObjects:=True, _
Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True
End Sub

Where in your code would it go?

Can't see your code so have no idea.

I assume the word wrap code is event code. Right?

You could run it by calling from your current code.

Just insert the line Spell_Check at a point you feel is appropriate.

Place the Spell_Check macro in a general module.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 10:03:01 -0800, gwinder
wrote:

I have created an employee review form that contains code which enables text
wrap in merged cells. I have protected the sheet but this disables the
spellcheck functionality. I've seen some threads where you can insert code
to allow spellcheck to work but where in the code would this go? At the end
of my exisiting code? At the beginning?

Thanks,

Gary