Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] neil40@btinternet.com is offline

Default Conditional format oddity in Excel 2007

It's not quite so straightforward as doing a count()
Each player has 5 rows
Played
Sub
Yellow
Red
Goals

So I can't just do count over a range of cells
What I actually do is:
At the foot of the column, I have a calc for every other five cells
thus:
=(AT3+AT8+AT13....)/11
Then the column header Conditional format is thus:
=D$251=1 White (Normal cell colour is light blue!)

Hmm, just tried this in the simplest form and it worked instantly.
Any ideas?
Neil

On 25 Jan, 19:19, "Bob Phillips" wrote:
Works for me too, just like in 2003.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Roger Govier" wrote in . ..

Hi

Works fine for me in XL2007
C1 = Team
CF =COUNT(C2:C21=11) Fill Orange
C2:C21
CF Cell Value=1 Fill Light Red

As soon as I put a 1 in the 11th cell within range C2:C21, C1 turns
orange.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I've had this oddity in both Beta and release versions of 2007 Excel.

On a sheet for recording sports results for a team of players, certain
cells turn to yellow background if I add a number 1 to the cell
On the same sheet, I have a conditional format for the column headers,
such that the cell should change colour if the result of a sum is 11
(IE I have added the number 1 to 11 players boxes) - this is just a
visual reminder to tell me that my selection is complete, as the sheet
is quite long.
The cell DOES change colour BUT only if I navigate to another sheet and
come back to it - and thats hardly the point as I am trying to get the
visual reminder that I am done. This worked fine in 2003/XP/2000.
The earlier mentioned Yellow format is instant, working as before

Has anyone seen this, and offer a fix/workround?
Thanks
Neil- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -