Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ng66 ng66 is offline

Default populating a cell with the difference from another

That worked fabulously! And I completely understood it with your english
translation of the formula, THANKS! I so need to take a class! (o: In my
head my formula made perfect sense and just adding the "B8" part on there at
the end didn't, until you put showed me it's "IF (test, True, False)". I get
it now (at least for this example!)

THANKS AGAIN!

"BobT" wrote:

If (B840, 40, B8)

This reads, "If B8 is greater than 40, return 40, else return B8's value".

IF (test, True, False)

Bob Tulk
MOUS

"ng66" wrote:

Okay, my last question was answered and it worked perfectly... THANKS JMAY &
DAVE O! (Can you not cut & paste formulas? It made me type out the formula
for each cell I need it for, kind of annoying...)

Anyway, now I tried the following formula for another section (related to
the last one) and although it makes sense to me, Excel doesn't seem to share
my logic: =IF(B840,40)(B8<40,B8)
I think I need an AND/OR or something like that as it doesn't seem like you
can put 2 formulas in one. I even tried it with 2 IFs, but it still didn't
like it.
So, in case it isn't obvious, I would like the cell populated by whichever
answer is true: greater than 40, then 40; less than 40 then the actual number
from that cell.

Thanks again for any help I can get!