Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default If Date Null Show Nothing

BJ left a bracket out of his formula - try this:

=IF(MAX(B7:B10)=0,"",MAX(B7:B10))

The other formula (with ISERROR) will not work, as the MAX function
will not return an error in your situation - it will return zero, which
will get displayed as 1/0/1900.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 25, 5:17 pm, "Ardy" wrote:
I Tried =if max(B7:B10)=0,"",Max(B7:B10)) it gives me an error
(B7:B10) is the actual Range,

I tried =IF(ISERROR(MAX(B7:B10)),"",MAX(B7:B10)) No errir but the date
still stays at 1/0/1900

Ardy

On Jan 25, 8:08 am, driller wrote:

Is there any way we can have it not show any

dates if the range is null.maybe a slight if formula will NOT SHOW ..

=IF(ISERROR(MAX(A1:A5)),"",MAX(A1:A5))

--
*****
birds of the same feather flock together..

"bj" wrote:
try
=if max(a1:a5)=0,"",Max(a1:a5))

"Ardy" wrote:

Hello All:
I am Using The =MAX(A1:A5) to pick the most recent date from the given
range. The Problem I am having is that if the Range is Null no date I
get the Date 1/0/1900, Is there any way we can have it not show any
dates if the range is null. I had the similar problem with calculating
percentiles and I tried to adopt variations of that to this but not
working

Ardy- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -