Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default the "0" number is lost when combining multiple columns

Try it in C1 as:
=TEXT(A1,"00000")&B1
where col A = prod codes
--
Max
Singapore
"Hal" wrote in message
Hello,

I have data in two columns (A and B) that I wish to combine into a third
column (C) by using the "&" feature as follows:

=A1&B1

The data in Column A is a product code # (i.e. 05296)
The data in Column B are letters (i.e. MND)

However, when I combine them both together in Column "C", I get "5296MND"
instead of "05296MND". The "0" is missing. How I can maintain the
integrity of the "0" and have it appear in the cell?

Thank you in advance.

Hal.