Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default shortcut for Highlight cell

Tools|Macro|macros
select your macro from the list
Click on the Options button
assign your shortcut key there.

Remember to save the workbook with the macro (personal.xls) so you don't lose
your changes.

Samad wrote:

Thanks Dave but one more thing I record a macro and copied it to my
personal.xla for use in all files, it works fine through a toolbar button but
I'm unable to create a keyboard shortcut, is anything I'm missing? please
guide.

thanks

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I understand your problem.

I guess you could record a macro that changed the fill color of the activecell
and assign it to a keyboard shortcut.

But remember to turn off the fill color when you change cells and it could be a
pain if you shaded other cells you don't want to change.

I don't have any other good solution for you.

Samad wrote:

Dear Dave

rowliner is to identify the cell position but I want to keyboard shorcut to
highlight something. hope you understand my problem

Thanks Guru

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

You may want to try Chip Pearson's Rowliner:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm

Samad wrote:

Is there any keyboard shortcut to highlight current cell?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson