Gord Dibben

Jason

Probably VLOOKUP could work for you.

Assume your table of abbreviations and cities are in M1:N10

In C1 enter =VLOOKUP(B1,$M$1:$N$10,2,0)

Enter CHS in B1 to return Chareston in C1.

You could also turn B1 into a drop-down list so's you could just pick the
abbreviation, not type it.

Select B1 then DataValidationList. Select M1:M10 as your list.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 10:59:04 -0800, "Jason"
wrote:

Hello,

I need to know how to auto-fill text based on text in another cell. For
example:

Every time I enter "CHS" in Column B, I want Charleston to auto-fill in
Column C.
And when I enter "SAN", in Column B, I want San Diego to auto-fill in Column
C.

How can I set up a list like this? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Jason