Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier Roger Govier is offline

Default report date - date rec.ved=days late, but how to rid dates complet

Hi

I wonder whether you need to pull the data to another sheet.

In a spare column on Sheet1 (say column Q) enter in Q1 Days Late
In R1 enter your report Date required
=IF(G2="",$R$1-F2,"")
Format the cell FormatCellsNumberGeneral
Copy down column Q as far as required.

Highlight row 1, DataFilterAutofilter
Use the dropdown on column Q and select Non Blank
All late items will show

P.S. Glad you worked out Datedif, but in this case just taking the
earlier date away from the later date will give you the answer required.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"MS Questionnairess" wrote
in message ...
Sheet1!:
F2 = "Date Received"
G2 = "Date Completed"

Sheet2!:
C1 = "Report Date" (variable dates)
A3 = "Date Received" linked from Sheet1!F2
M2 = 'Days Late" (currently =DATEDIF(A3,$c$1,"d")

However, this set up doesn't eliminate the Sheet1!"Dates Completed"
and will
count *all* the files and give the number of days in M2"Days Late"
from "Date
Received" to "Report Date."

What I want the report to do is only look at files received and still
open
(so we can flag them to alert us of slow actions).

Darn. And I was so happy I figured out the DATEDIF forumla :-)

Any suggestions? And, yes. I double-checked all the cell numbers so no
more
fears about mislabelling suggested formulas! WoO wOo.

Many thanks for any help.

B.