Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
j j is offline

Default Can Excel automatically change the font color of an expired da

Ok I think I got it. I changed the line that reads
=IF(L3TODAY(),1,0) to read
=IF(L3<TODAY(),1,0) and it turned on, is this right?

"j" wrote:

It didn't work. Maybe I said this wrong: Here is the scenerio again.
Sorry:(
One column with a start date, the second column automatically updates to
show a date 30 from the start date to show when the next update is due. What
Im trying to do is change the color of the updated column to red once that
date is over due. Ex. Start date is 26 Oct 2006; update reads €œ26 Nov 2006
and now it is 05 Dec 2006 so now €œ26 Nov 2006 should turn red. Thank you J

"SteveW" wrote:

Yes,
in the cell that has the due date, I'll assume this is B2

From the main Menu Format - Conditional Formating...
Change the "Cell Value is" to "Formula I2"

Then in the formula area put
=IF(B2TODAY(),1,0)

Note thats not the < I put first time :)
This checks the date against today(), (which will change each day)
and returns 1 or 0
If 1 (ie TRUE) then the formatting will be activated.
So choose your formatting
Something like a Red Background will probably be sufficient
Click OK and it should work
Use the Fromat Painter button to copy and paste the format to the whole
column

Steve

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 04:46:09 -0000, j wrote:

I'm sorry I'm not real computer literate, can you tell me how exactly to
write I keep getting errors.

"SteveW" wrote:

Use conditional formatting

a2 = start date
b2 = due date

in b2 add conditional format
=if(b2<today(),1,0)
Format as required.

Steve

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 04:21:01 -0000, j
wrote:

I have a similiar question except that I have two columns. One with a
start
date, the second column automatically updates to show a date 30 days
from
that date something is due. What I'm trying to do is change the
color of
that column to red after the 30 days have expired to show these
personnel are
over due.

"tstorie" wrote:

I am tracking expiration dates for training. With numerous people
working
for me, tracking their training is vital, and the easiest view for
all
training classes required is on Excel. I am wondering if Excel can
automatically change the color of a date that I input as the
expiration
date
approaches and as it passes.

I appreciate any help. If it is capable of doing this task, I cannot
find
how to do it.