Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ShaneDevenshire ShaneDevenshire is offline

Default Complicated Date formula

Is there a pattern in the way you name your sheets?
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Scady" wrote:

Hello. I am trying to come up with a solution for formatting a date
correctly on individual sheets.

I have a spreadsheet that is used to track availabilty on a piece of
equipment during a contract period. There are seven years in the contract
and I have a sheet for each month of each year. The contract always starts
on the first of the month. Sheet one is January, Period 1. Sheet two is
February, Period 1 (period 1 being the first year.) I have a cell at the top
of each sheet that show the date for that sheet. I am trying to populate
that cell in each sheet by entering a "contract start date" in a setup sheet
I have at the end of all the other sheets. The problem I run into is that if
the contract starts on June 1, 2007 for example, I cannot get sheet one
(which would actually end up being January 2008) to get the date correct.
Can anyone offer some advice?

Thanks.

Scott