Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Merging two columns, data in one

Insert a column to the right of B

Select B1 and C1 and merge them which preserves data from B

Select that merged cell and double-click on the format paintbrush.

Select B2 and C2 and drag down B and C as far as you wish.

Click once on paintbrush to end formatting.

Delete Column A.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On 24 Jan 2007 20:47:24 -0800, "michaelberrier"
wrote:

I need to merge two columns, A & B, and only B has data which I
obviously want to preserve.
I have tried merging A1 & B1 and doing a "Paste Special" for the rest
of the column, but it leaves me with a blank, merged cell.

How can I make this into a single column while preserving the data I
already have?

Thanks to all