Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default How do I make a column of data sort into rows?

Try this:

=INDEX($A$2:$A$293,ROW(A1)*3-3+COLUMN(A1))

Copy across to 3 columns then down until you get #REF! errors.

Then convert the formulas to constants:

Select the range of formulas
Goto the menu EditCopy
Then: EditPaste SpecialValuesOK

Delete any #REF! errors.

Then you can delete the original list if desired.

Biff

"Cara" wrote in message
I have a column of Titles sorted alphabetically from position A2 down to
A293. I would like to put it on another worksheet so that it is covering
3
columns yet still be alphabetical, i.e.; A2=alpha, B2=bravo, C2=charlie,
A3=delta, B3=echo, C3=fox-trot, A4=golf, etc. I have tried sorting left
right, but it does nothing. Can someone please help?