Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default How to determine if a cell has a value, then copy it to a new loca

Formulas retrieve values--not really copy.

=if(countif('sheet1'!a1,"*acs*")0,'sheet1'!a1,"wh ateveryouwanthere")

Shelly wrote:

Hello,

I need to determine if a cell in one worksheet has a specific string of
characters, and if yes, copy the entire cell to a second worksheet.

So,

If 'Worksheet1!a1' contains the string "ACS", copy the content of
'Worksheet1!a1' to 'Worksheet2!a1'

I've tried several things I've found on this BB, but not luck so far.

THANKS!

--

Dave Peterson