Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
amit amit is offline

Default Find the bottom cell that contains a specific val in a range?

I have a list of names on column 1 and a list of corresponding numeric values
on column 2. Some of the names appear more than once on the list, but their
values change. The list is a stack which is constantly added to and cannot be
sorted.

I need to find the most bottom cell within the list in which a name appears.
This is required so that I can use VLOOKUP to retrieve its most up-to-date
(lowest on the list) numeric value. The problem with using VLOOKUP for the
task is that it returns the FIRST value it finds in the range and not the
last.