Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
George George is offline

Default How many worksheets in a book?

Kaitlin,

Theoritically up to 255. Of course the performance is based also to other
factors, i.e. processor speed, ram available, hard disk space etc.

Anyhow, what is the need to have a lot of sheets? more than 15-20? Most of
them will be just calculations on other sheets? Each sheet is a different
invoice? So, why not to have different books? (files).

I believe in some cases is better to move to another program, like access
database - Just a thought.

Hope this helps.

George

Ο χρήστης "Kaitlin.uk" *γγραψε:

Roughly how many worksheets can a book hold before it starts to 'slow down'.
i am fairly new to Excel and i am creating a workbook that will eventually
hold a lot of sheets. Will this cause me a problem in the future? i am using
the 2003 version.

thanks Kaitlin