Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mgkaam mgkaam is offline

Default Data Validation for a date

Sorry I have been out for a few days. I tried =AM1-TODAY()=60 in the data
validation field for that cell but the problem is that I can enter in any
date in this field and it will take it. What I am looking for is when a date
is entered in this field (01/01/01) it will validate to make sure that date
is not 60 days older and also not past today's date, if today's date is
(01/19/07) than you can't enter in (01/20/07). If it is than it will return
the alert "the date is 60 days old". If I can do it as a macro to where it
looks in all of my 50 columns (AM1:AM50) and returns that error each time a
date is entered that is older than today. My cells are formated as
customdate mm/dd/yyyy is this correct? I tried putting the =am1-today()=60
in the cell itself but it just returns the 60days from today in that cell, I
just need it to validate. Sorry for the long question.

"mgkaam" wrote:

I have a column that people will enter any date in this format 01/01/07, I
need to validate that if this date is older than 60 days from Today's date
than it will give me an error. What kind of formula would I need to achieve
this? I have to do this for 50 rows in the same column.

Thanks,