Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
macropod macropod is offline

Default How to calculate the maturity value

Hi RushatiINDIA,

For problem 1:
=FV(8.41%,8+7/12,0,-1000,0)
compounding interest of 8.41%pa, calculated annually over 8 years & 7 months.
To calculate over 20 years:
=FV(8.41%,20,0,-1000,0)

For problem 2:
=FV(8%/2,6*2,0,-1000,0)
compounding interest of 8%pa, calculated half-yearly over 6 years.
To calculate over 20 years:
=FV(8%/2,20*2,0,-1000,0)
Note that the periodic interest rate is half the annual interest rate and the
number of periods is twice the number of years.

To calculate problem 2 over 20 years with interest calculated monthly:
=FV(8%/12,20*12,0,-1000,0)

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"RushatiINDIA" wrote in message
| I have tried many times with functions pv(), fv(), etc to solve the
following
| problems but unable to get required result. I think that I am unable to
| understand the financial functions properly. Could any one help me by giving
| solution, please.
|
| Problem 1:
| Investment: Rs. 1000
| Rate of Interest: 8.41% compounded yearly. Deposit doubles in 8 years 7
| months.
| Amount Payable, on a certificate of Rs. 1000
| Term of Encashment Amount Payable
| After 030 months 1170.51
| After 036 months 1207.95
| After 042 months 1267.19
| After 048 months 1310.80
| After 054 months 1355.90
| After 060 months 1435.63
| After 066 months 1488.49
| After 072 months 1543.30
| After 078 months 1649.13
| After 084 months 1713.82
| After 090 months 1781.06
| After 096 months 1850.93
| After 102 months 2000.00
|

| Problem 2:
| Investment: Rs. 10000
| Rate of Interest: Interest 8% is compounded half-yearly and paid after the
| maturity period of 6 years alongwith the principal. Rs. 1000 shall become
Rs.