Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
elmarsa dice elmarsa dice is offline

Default end of sheet

Thanks to you that replied.
After I posted the note I went to the knowledge base and found the
instructions for setting the last cell. Two ways were given the first
being to use editgo toand use the reference line. The other was to
download an add-in and then use it from toolsadd-ins. Both ways
worked ok and got rid of the unnecessary cells.
elmarsa

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 16:44:33 -0800, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca
wrote:

elmarsa

Select all rows below your data SHIFT + End + Downarrow.

EditDeleteEntire Rows.......do not just "Clear" them.

Do same for all columns to the right of your data. SHIFT + End + Rightarrow

Now.........most important part........SAVE the workbook.

On earlier versions it is necessary to Save then Close and reopen.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 14:05:43 -0800, elmarsa dice
wrote:

MPEM readers,
I am trying to set the last cell of a work sheet. Everytime I open
the sheet the end cell is different. I have used "help" to locate the
last cell (editgo tospecial) and it always shows the same cell as
the one using ctlend. I have deleted/cleared all for all cells below
where I want the last cell to be. I am inputting data and must go
from beginning to end regularly. Can anyone out there tell me how to
set the end cell. Your help is appreciated in advance.
elmarsa