Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
galimi galimi is offline

Default Selective addition based on criteria

Larry,

To get it into one formula, you can type the following:

=IF(SUM(IF(A1:A4=-250,1,0))0,SUM(IF(A1:A4<0,A1:A4,0)),SUM(A1:A4))

Make the scope of the ranges appropriate and be sure to press
control-shift-enter to let Excel know it is a formulaic array
--
http://HelpExcel.com

"Randy L" wrote:

I have a column of information that contains various numerical entries.

I want to sum the entries to get a total. The entries are both positive and
negative numbers.

If an entry contains the value -250, I want to sum only the negative values
(including the -250 and any other possible -250 entries) omitting any
positive entries. Otherwise it will sum both negative and positive values.

Thank you for your assistance! :)