Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier Roger Govier is offline

Default Lookup Formula help

Hi David

You're more than welcome.
Thanks for the feedback to let us know that it was a solution that met
your needs.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"DavidFarnsworth" wrote in
message ...
Thank You!!! I'm just glad someone was able to decipher what I meant!
Thank YOU!
David

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi David

If I understand you correctly, then you will have a series of text
values in A1:A19
You will have a series of Numbers in B1:B19

You have a series of text values in D1:L119 and you wish to retrieve
the
value in row 7 where (for example) A1 and B1 match the values in D1
and
D2

If that is correct, the following array entered formula should
achieve
what you want
{=INDEX($D$1:$L$19,7,MATCH(A1&B1,$D$1:$L$1&$D$2:$L $2,0))}

To produce an array formula, Commit or Edit using Control + Shift +
Enter (CSE) not just Enter.
When you use CSE, Excel will insert the curly braces { } around
the
formula. Do not type them yourself.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"DavidFarnsworth" wrote
in
message ...
Hello,
I have a formula that results with 2 rows of data spread across 9
columns.
The first row contains text. The second a value.
(Text Text Text Text Text...
6 5 8 16 6... )
I have a column of all possible text (19) with a column beside it
that
looksup the text in the first row and retrieves the value below it
and
MAXs'
the results.
My next column I wish it to Index the 2 rows to retrieve the same
column 9
and return a different value 5 rows down. I have been attempting
use
index, match and offset IF the rows do not equal the same column
with
little
success. I want to know s this possible? And if so, how would I
go
about it?

Thank you for your help, David