Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
belvy123 belvy123 is offline

Default locking or protecting formulas

Hi all
I have a series of work sheets ( sheet1 thru sheet8) all are linked to
another sheet (sheet9) that displays the data that I need from each (sheet1
thru sheet9). I want to be able to rename any worksheet such as rename to
(sheet1a thru sheet8a)
and then create another blank copy of(sheet1 thru sheet8).
When I do this renaming, the formula automatically refers to the renamed
version of the original sheet "the formula that refered to sheet1 now refers
to sheet1a"
How can I protect my formula so it will always refer to sheet1 or shhet2 etc.
Please help. All else is working as I planned but this is messing it all up
--
cruchnin numbers