Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike Fogleman Mike Fogleman is offline

Default Count unique if text

Thanks for the formula, but one problem. It works if there are no blank
cells in the range, but in my column there are many blank cells and the
formula gives 0 for answer. Is there some way around this?

Mike F
"T. Valko" wrote in message
Try this:

Entered as an array using the key combination of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not
just ENTER):

=SUM(N(FREQUENCY(IF(ISTEXT(B1:B13),MATCH(B1:B13,B1 :B13,0)),MATCH(B1:B13,B1:B13,0))0))

Biff

"Mike Fogleman" wrote in message
Column B has a mix of text and numbers. I want to count unique text
values only.
The answer to the following list would be 8.

P2-2
P2-2
P2-7
P1-3