JulieD

Hi Charlie

once you've set up data validation, type the "default" value in the cell. -
if you're using this workbook as a template it will always be there.

Cheers
JulieD

"xlcharlie" wrote in message
what about if I want to set up a default value for the drop-down? Data
validation does not default to a particular selection.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

If you just need a dropdown to select an item from a list you won't need
any
VBA

Peo Sjoblom

"xlcharlie" wrote in message
I'm experienced with Excel & VBA, but new to using Excel to create a
form.

I would like to simply use a cell as a drop down. Not knowing if that
is
possible, I have added a combo box to the spreasheet, but I am unclear
how
the data entered/selected in the drop down will be stored. Is it
stored

as a
VB variable associated with the control or do I link the control to a
cell

store the data? To define the values in the drop down/combo box, do I

have
to use cell references or can I write in the values in the properties
(writing them in hasn't worked for me)? Finally, what property do I
have

set for the combo box (ActiveX control) to automatically move & size
with

the
cell?

Direct answers, links to web sites, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
in advance.