Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mgkaam mgkaam is offline

Default Data Validation for a date

Is there a way to actually put the formula in the Data ValidationSettings
area for the 50 rows which are am1:am50. I would rather do it there than in
a cell. I have tried it in there but I don't know what to put the Data
Settings i.e. between, equal to, not equal too..... I know I am asking for a
lot but this file is than saved as a .txt file and I don't want to add any
more columns for just this formula.

Thanks again for the fast response

"Sara" wrote:

Hi,

IF columm A is the cell to enter date. Then enter this formula in columm B,
next to the cell which you enter the date. Lets say if you you have entered
date in cell A1, then enter this formula in cell B1.

=IF(A1-TODAY()=60,"ERROR","")

If the date minus today is more or equal to 60, then the words 'ERROR' will
appear in cell B1. After enter this formula, just drag down to whichever row
required.

Hope it helps.
Sara

"mgkaam" wrote:

I have a column that people will enter any date in this format 01/01/07, I
need to validate that if this date is older than 60 days from Today's date
than it will give me an error. What kind of formula would I need to achieve
this? I have to do this for 50 rows in the same column.

Thanks,