Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sean McDonald Sean McDonald is offline

Default replace results from list with corresponding list

I have a layout on sheet 1 that other people will be filling out and we have
a program that will take that and put it into our database. I am putting
dropdown lists on this sheet to be sure there answers will be accepted by the
program. On the second sheet I have the values for the dropdowns. Heres my
question, one of the values is a number value we made up that corresponds to
a name, is there a way for the dropdown to display the name when they are
browsing but insert the number values when they select, or is there another
way you can suggest approaching this?

Thank you