Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gary''''s Student Gary''''s Student is offline

Default Automatically move cursor when cell value changes

Since you only want to jump back and down after entries in columns
B,F,J,...etc:

If (Target.Column - 2) Mod 4 = 0 Then
Target.Offset(1, -1).Select

This is worksheet code.

--
Gary's Student
gsnu200702

"scotty" wrote:

Using Excel 2003

I have 5 groups of 2 columns with 50 rows for each group of columns. I am
using an electronic device to input values into the cells. I have excel set
to move the cursor right after entering data.

What I want to do is when I am in the second column in a group and I enter
the data, I want the cursor to auto move back to the 2nd row in the 1st
column in that group.

For example

A b E F I J
1
2
3

When the data is entered into b1, I want the cursor to go to A2. when I
enter the data into b2, I want the cursor to move to A3 and so on down to row
50.

I would like to do this for each group of columns, i.e AB EF IJ, etc.

I have somewhat figured out how do do this, but it would take a lot of lines
of code.

Is there anyway I can do this fairly easily?

Thanks for your help