Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Alan Alan is offline

Default Linked Cell Displays 0

If you use the formula =Sheet1!A1 in another worksheet it will return
whatever is in Sheet1!A1. However if there is nothing in that cell, it will
display zero, that's the way it works.
There are two ways that I know of to overcome this, one is to go 'Tools'
'Options' 'View' and uncheck 'Zero Values' which will hide all zero
values.
The other is to use the formula
=IF(Sheet1!A1<0,Sheet1!A1,"")
This can bring its own problems as "" is a text value. If you want to
perform certain calculations with these results they may not work correctly,
Regards,
Alan.

"Lambros" wrote in message
Now this should be easy. I have a workbook with 2 worksheets. Lets say
when
A1 is filled in on worksheet 1 I want the same information to display in
A1
on worksheet 2. I used a the formula on worksheet 2 in cell A1:
=worksheet1!A1

why does that cell in worksheet 2 display a 0 when there is not yet
information in the cell it's copying from in worksheet 1? How do I get it
just be blank until information is put into that A1 on worksheet1?