Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John John is offline

Default Numbering

But it gives me that scientic notation. I copied it from word and pasted
"special" into Excel and it gave me that error.

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

XL has a limit of 15 digits of precision. If these "cards" are, say,
credit card numbers, format the cells as Text before pasting.

In article ,
John wrote:

I have a listing of 16 digit numbers in Microsoft Word. (################)
that i need to put into Excel. When i copy it and paste into Excel it
converts the last number to a zero. Is there a way to make this not happen?
I have probably 300 cards to copy and paste