Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
rmillz rmillz is offline

Default Importing External data from various sources

Ron, thanks for the idea but that's not quite what I'm trying to do.
Let me try to explain it a little better. Each day an employee needs
to import data from an Access database into the Excel spreadsheet that
he is using. He also needs to be able to select which fields are
imported. Each time that he does this task he will pull data from one
database, however, it will be a different Access database each time.
He will open Excel and use the following: Data Import External Data
New Database Query. A new window will open. On any other machine
there is already an option for "MS Access .mdb". When this is selected
it allows him to browse to the desired Access database. Unfortunately
he has been relocated to a different machine. Following the same steps
on the new machine, the window opens but there are no options except to
create a new link. When he tries to create a new one it will only
allow him to create the link for a specific database. This would mean
creating hundreds of links. How can I create a link like the one found
on the other machines in which it will allow us to browse each time?

Thank you very much for your help and I hope this explaination gives
you a better understanding of what I am trying to do.