Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
cory cory is offline

Default Embedding spaces in an Excel file ...

Another suggestion would be to use the (Concatenate) formula. This formula
adds text strings together. Ex: Concatenate(A1," ",A2).
--
CCO

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Without VBA:

lets say we have text in cell A1. In an un-used (helper) cell enter:
=A1 & " "
copy the helper cell and paste/special as value back onto A1. This will
leave A1 with the original contents and two spaces added to the end. This
can be very tedious if done cell-by-cell.

With VBA, enter this small macro:

Sub paddum()
For Each r In Selection
r.Value = r.Value & " "
Next
End Sub

Select the cells you want to pad and run the macro. If you are unfamiliar
with VBA, See:

Gary's Student
gsnu200702

"GBF" wrote:

I want to embed 2 spaces at the end of a cell. The cells will be strung
together in a sentence & I want to separate each cell with 2 spaces. Any
ideas on how to do this? Thanks in advance - GBF