Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to organize my HUGE to do list?

Wisdom,

Make your task list into a database, with as many descriptor columns as you like: Home/Work,
Business/Personal, Task type, Status, etc., and a final column for the Task or project description.
Then apply data filters, and use the drop downs to filter the list to show particular values: Tasks
for Home, Personal, Promises, Buying MVPs gifts for their kind answers.....

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Wisdom2" wrote in message
How can I use Excel (or other Office applications) to manage all my tasks and
projects effectively? The kinds of things I need to keep track of a
things I've asked other people to do, information I'm waiting for from
others, projects I'm working on with a team, tasks that result from meetings,
getting things done prior to a specific meeting, promises I've made to
others, phone calls to return, requests from my boss, little projects (taking
care of a smaller problem or issue), bigger projects (policy and procedures
manual), also personal life--volunteer obligations and projects, home
projects, shopping list, errands, etc.

Using the task list and reminders in Outlook hasn't helped, because it is
out of control and I don't even pay attention to it when it pops up any more.
(I do use the Outlook calendar to keep track of meetings, appointments, and
other events.)

I use Windows XP and Office 2003 (newest update from my employer whoo hoo!)
Any suggestions?