frankjh19701 frankjh19701 is offline
Member

Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaDos
How large is your data set ?

The formula should not be very difficult, but it becomes quite long as the
number of columns increases...
Luc.

"Festina Lente"

"Jordan" wrote:

If someone could help me with this I would really appreciate it.

If you have three sets of numbers. Say in Column A you have 1 2 & 3 in
Column B you have 4 5 & 6 and then in Column C you have 7 8 & 9.

Is there any way to see all the variations of numbers you could come up with
if you used one number from each Column. For example starting with the
number 1 in Column A you could end up with 9 different numbers, see example
below. Also, they have to be in order, so Column A number always has to be
in first place, Column B in second place and Column C in Third.

The data set I am using is much larger which is why I'm looking for a way to
handle this. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
147
148
149
157
158
159
167
168
169
My data set contains over 3000 numbers, but I only want to know a selection of them. I have tried several versions of the formulas already presented with no luck. I just have to figure out how many variations there could be if you use one number from one cell and combined it with approx. twenty others, in a set size (Meaning four to six columns). For example, if you have the numbers 3,12,69,32,112, and 77, what four to six digit combinations could you get with them? Mixing and matching these numbers correctly would reduce my research and application time greatly. Thank you in advance for your time.