frankjh19701 frankjh19701 is offline
Member

Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bundy
This can be done on a small number of digits/columns but on a large set your
computer will dump, for example 9 digits across 9 columns doesn't seem large
but there are 387,420,489 possible combinations, that will fill column A from
top to bottom on over 5900 sheets, and thats just 1 row.

--
-John
is helpful.

"Jordan" wrote:

If someone could help me with this I would really appreciate it.

If you have three sets of numbers. Say in Column A you have 1 2 & 3 in
Column B you have 4 5 & 6 and then in Column C you have 7 8 & 9.

Is there any way to see all the variations of numbers you could come up with
if you used one number from each Column. For example starting with the
number 1 in Column A you could end up with 9 different numbers, see example
below. Also, they have to be in order, so Column A number always has to be
in first place, Column B in second place and Column C in Third.

The data set I am using is much larger which is why I'm looking for a way to
handle this. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
147
148
149
157
158
159
167
168
169
Let's say you have a range of A:1 to H:1 and then all of those cells are filled with numbers (Not sequential in any way), and you want to select among them one number and find all of the possible variations of that number with all of the other numbers. Like this:
The numbers are 3, 45, 12, 103, 67, 2, 111, 23 and you want to find all of the variations (In a set of 4) that 3 contains. Does this make any sense? Let me know if it doesn't. Again, I appreciate any/all help that I can get. Could you help me with this?