Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Preston Steele Preston Steele is offline

Default Changing numbers/percentages to letter grades

I am fumbling my way through the whole spreadsheet. If someone is willing to
e-mail me at and work with me on this, I would
appreciate it. I can e-mail the form (it's rather large) to show you what is
going on. Nothing is working for some reason. There are a lot of merged
cells - not sure if this is causing problems, but not getting any farther
with the project.

Thanks,
Preston S.

"Preston Steele" wrote:

Would it be possible to include all number, like 0-59, 60-69 - Like
=LOOKUP(E16,{0 to 59,60 to 69,70 to 79,80 to 89,90 to
100},{"F","D","C","B","A"})? How would this formula be typed out?

"Elkar" wrote:

You could use the LOOKUP function. Something like:

=LOOKUP(A6,{0,60,70,80,90},{"F","D","C","B","A"})

You can add more numbers/grades if you want to include + and - grades.

HTH,
Elkar

"Preston Steele" wrote:

I am trying to create several linked spreadsheets to form a grading system
for class. I have most of the formulas down; however, I am trying to get a
cell that pulls from two other cells (50% for classroom, pulled from another
worksheet and 50% for lab, also pulled from another worksheet, totaled in A6)
that now shows a percentage (87% in A6) to show as a B in cell A7. How do I
do this?