Doug

Default Linnking Updating

I have a master workbook which summarizes the jobs (workbooks) for each sales
person ... each sales person has a folder with workbooks with a standard
format (all totals are in the same cell location).

When I open the master workbook it asks if I want to update links ... I
answer yes ... for some workbooks Excel brings the name up on the screen for
me to highlight and click ""OK", for some workbooks it makes me go to the
correct folder where only the name for that specific workbook is on screen
.... then I highlight it and click "OK, for some workbooks ... Excel appears
to update the link without presently any information on screen.

There can be over 100 underlying workbooks towards the end of the calendar
year.

My problem is (1) how can I speed up the linking process so that all
workbooks are checked and their current information brought forward without
going one by one ... and (2) how can I be sure that all links are in fact
updated with the latest information from each workbook?

Any suggestions or add-on programs would be helpful.

Thank you.