Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Fiona Fiona is offline

Default Excel (2003) formula

Hi Dave, that is fantastic! That has totally solved my problem. Thanks for
you help.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I like to do this:

Put this in the first cell
$$$=sheetname!A3
put this in the cell under it:
$$$=sheetname!A8

Select those two cells and drag down as far as I need.

Then select the range
edit|Replace
what: $$$=
with: =
replace all

Since you're pointing at a worksheet in another workbook, you may want to open
both files and build the first formula by pointing and clicking.

Then when you're positive that it works, change the leading = to $$$= and copy
it to the second cell.

Then fix that cell's address.

And drag down.

Fiona wrote:

Hi Roger

I'm currently using the =sheetname!A3, then =sheetname!A8.

I want the formula to skip 5 lines each time. When I copy it doesn't
continue the formula, instead of going to A13 it goes to A6 then A11 etc....
It seems to understand what I want to do but it's continuing at the wrong
point.

I want to do this so it links to a new workbook not just a seperate sheet,
but I can't seem to link workbooks at the moment, i do = then click to the
open workbook cell I want to link it to and it doesn't do it. I'm not sure
if there is a problem with my settings?

Many thanks for your help

Fiona

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Fiona

You say miss out every few lines. How many lines? How often?
What is the formula you are trying to use?

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Fiona" wrote in message
I am trying to get an excel page to read information from another
worksheet,
but miss out every few lines. The problem arrises when I try to copy
the
formula down. It does not copy correctly. I need this formula to
cover over
1000 lines, so would take too lng to enter it manually. I have tried
the
'paste special', 'sequence' tabs etc... but have had no luck. Any
help on
this matter would be much appreciated! Thanks

--

Dave Peterson