Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre Ron Coderre is offline

Default Importing External data from various sources

Try something like this:

Assuming you're using MS Query to harvest the data....

In the query window, click the [SQL] button

Use this kind of SQL to pull from more than one database:
SELECT Stores.City
FROM `C:\Data\OrdersNew`.Stores Stores
UNION ALL
SELECT Stores.City
FROM `C:\Data\OrdersNew_V1`.Stores Stores

Notice the file names...
Also notice that those locations are enclosed in the apostrophes located on
the same key as the tilde (~).

You can use that technique to harvest your data from many databases.

Is that something you can work with?

Post back with more questions.
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

" wrote:

I am looking to import data from many different Access databases. So
far, all the tutorials I have found show how to create a connection to
a single database. What I want to do is to create a connection to a
folder, not a file, so that I can choose a different database each time
I import data. I have seen on some other computers that there is a
conneciton already set up for the .mdb type (not a specific file or
database) with which I can browse to my database but I can't find out
to set that up either. Any and all help is appreciated.