Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Isa Isa is offline

Default Find if value exist in array

Hi,

Thanks for this but it doesn't seem to work.
What I would like is for the function to return HR if HR exists in the array.
Your suggestion does not seem to recognise when HR or Human resource exists
in the array.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

One way;

=COUNTIF(A:A,"*HR*") + COUNTIF(A:A,"*Human resource*")

Note the first term will count "Anthropologist", so you may need to
tweak the search term (e.g., "HR*" for all terms starting with HR, or
"*HR *" for all terms where HR is followed by a space character).

In article ,
Isa wrote:

Hi,

Is there a function i can use to find out if a value exists in an array?

For example, I have a long list of job titles and would like to find out
which ones have HR or Human resource somewhere in their job title.

Thanks.

Isa.