Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default copy and paste filtered data

I'd do what the others suggested with a twist.

Filter your range to show what you need.
Select the range to receive the data
edit|goto|special|visible cells only
This will limit the range to just the visible cells.

Now type an equal sign (=) and hit the left arrow (if the column to copy from is
on the left).

Then hit ctrl-enter to fill the visible cells.

If you need to convert to values, show all the data, select that column and
edit|copy followed by edit|Paste special|values.

Churley wrote:

I am trying to copy and paste filtered data from one column to an adjacent
column, but Excel copies the data in the hidden cells as well as the visible
cells. Short of copying one cell at a time, Is there a way to copy an entire
column of the visible cells only?

Thank you for your help

--

Dave Peterson