Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
xrbbaker xrbbaker is offline

Default XL2003 Paste not keeping link to source spreadsheet

Grettings,

I haven't played with Excel for several months... I'm copying an area from
one spreadsheet file, and pasting it into another spreadsheet file. What I
expect to happen is that the pasted cells will retain their link to the
source spreadsheet. Instead what is happening is that the cells contain the
formula of the source cell which then wreaks havoc on my spreadsheet because
that formula makes no sense out of the original spreadsheet. Is there a
setting somewhere that must be off? Why are the pasted cells not retaining
the fully qualified path back to the originating source?

Thanks - Russ