Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
vezerid vezerid is offline

Default Copy function across autofilter

Then use almost the formula I suggested:

=OFFSET'[RDD Register.xls]Oban'!B7,SUMPRODUCT(--($B$1:B1="00"))-1,0)

Does this help?
Kostis

dd wrote:
='[RDD Register.xls]Oban'!G59

Is the formula I'm using. I'm trying to link to data in another book. But,
when I copy my formula down the column it goes out of sync, because I have
added additional rows.

When I created the document, In column A:A I linked to cells in another book
using ='[RDD Register.xls]Oban'!A01 etc.
Then I added rows below each referenced row and added more data, as per the
diagram.

Now I want to import other columns from the source document using ='[RDD
Register.xls]Oban'!G1 etc. and make them fit beside the previously
referenced cells. It know it sounds complicated but it isn't. I have

A B C D
001 00 Elevations 6-8-06
001 01 Windows in wrong location 6-9-06
001 02 Lintols missing 6-10-06
002 00 Plans 7-8-06
etc.

The items in column A are irregular, in our example 001 has three items, 002
may have 2 items, 003 may have 5 items, 004 may have ten items.

I want my referenced cells to be input where the rows B = "00", otherwise
the numbering goes out of sync and it repeats the copied cells.

Regards
Dylan

"vezerid" wrote in message
ups.com...
Ah see...

OK here is a try. Let us say that you filtered on column C:C being
greater than 5, i.e. your condition is (C15)

Then, in your formula you can use the following expression in lieu of,
say, B7:

OFFSET(Sheet1!B7,SUMPRODUCT(--($C$1:C15))-1,0)

If you have filtered by more than one conditions (e.g. C15 and D1="a")
you can use:

OFFSET(Sheet1!B7,SUMPRODUCT(($C$1:C15)*($D$1:D1=" a"))-1,0)

Without knowing the formula you are using I cannot be more specific.
Post if you need more help.

HTH
Kostis

dd wrote:
Kostis,

I tried it and it pastes to the selected cells okay, but the link updates
according to the row number rather than sequentially.
For example, if my first row is 1 and the reference I want to copy is "B7"
and the next row is row 5,
I want the reference to update to "B8", but it updates to "B11"

Regards
Dylan

"vezerid" wrote in message
ups.com...
Select the visible cells. Edit|Go To...| Click the Special... button.
Select Visible Cells Only.

HTH
Kostis Vezerides

dd wrote:
I want to copy the following function across only the cells displayed in
my
autofilter

='[RDD Register.xls]Oban'!G59

But it's picking up the cells hidden and the numbers jump out of
sequence
on
the filtered sheet.

Is there any way to overcome this?