Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gillian72 Gillian72 is offline

Default Not all columns are being sorted

Bill,
Thanks for your response. Strangely enough, I tried this as well and my
sorting was well, out of sorts.... I just posted another reply indicating
that I think my problem stemmed from having some blank columns in the first
record which may have stopped the sorting. I think your way would work for
me from now on as long as I make sure there's data (real or fake) in that
first record.
Thanks again!!!

"Bill Ridgeway" wrote:

I get the same problem from time-to-time.

The probable cause is that you have added columns / rows outside the range
of used cells. I find it useful to add the requisite number of columns /
rows inside the range of used cells, copy the last column / row to all the
new columns / rows (this also copies all the formats and formulae) and then
add / change data in the new columns / rows. If you do that with your
present spreadsheet for columns presently ?BB through ?BI you should
resolve your present problem and ensure it doesn't re-occur.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

"Gillian72" wrote in message
I've checked around this site and am unable to find my issue (of which I
have
many. Sorry. Too personal.) Anyway, I work daily in a large spreadsheet
that has a growing number of rows and columns to BI (recently added from
BA).
Now when I perform a sort, it only sorts from A - BA, with columns BC - BI
staying the same and all the data getting muck a muck. I can sort by
highlighting the specific cells (A - BI and 3 - 193). I'm wondering why
the
Data - Sort doesn't automatically recognize the new columns. If I don't
highlight anything and go to Data - Sort, it has a range to BA. If I'm
clicked on a cell such as BG, it highlights only a segment of the sheet
(looks like column 88 to something and BD to BI).
If anyone can assist, that would be great.
Thanks!