liam

Default Multiple worksheet queries

Hi :)

_Problem_ - 3 bosses that know how to send/receive email and open an
attachment but need to do the minimum to get the data they want to
view. _Answer_, create a file that contains hyperlinks and layouts that
make input and viewing easy, automatic and clear!!

Firstly, I'm teaching myself basic formulas & functions (with help from
you guys and your posts) but I'm a newbie to anything above basics
(addins & VBA included). However, I need to put together a file which
holds a sheet listing all clients of a branch on sheet one (upto a
1000) with max 5 data cells across for each. Each client has a unique
number that I can then hyperlink to the clients individual sheet (yes I
need to make 1000 sheets)

The details held within each individual client sheet are both text and
numerical as in names, products, dates, amounts of money (not
invoices), contact details, salesperson, multiple currencies, paperwork
completion tick off, outstanding paperwork reqd, commissions, late
payments etc (a lot of info).

The existing worksheet (that I am now expanding and redesigning) used
headings across the top on a single sheet and of course looks too messy
so that the data isn't clear. The headings are now all down column A and
subgrouped with the input data going accross the sheet. The end result
of this is to break up a single sheet of all the info into unique
client sheets from the list or index sheet.

Before I continue, if anyone thinks Excel cannot achieve the above to
automatically update & produce a sales/comm multi currency worksheet
from the input data - pls tell me an alternative (though pls remember
the bosses don't use/know how to use Access!!)

Since much of the work is repetetive is there a way to:

a) add 1000 sheets in one go
b) paste the layout & format of the client data sheet to all 1000
sheets (without needing to resize each sheets columns each time)
c) name the sheets automatically from the client list as a client is
added (ie name/unique number)
d) create the hyperlink from the client lists unique number to the
clients data sheet
(cell position with unique number is different on client list sheet
each time new client is added eg D2,D3,D4 but the same position each
time on the client data sheet)
e) add the date of the new client in the client list to the clients
data sheet (cell ref different each time add new client - see d)
above.
f) add the clients name from the client list to the client data sheet
(cell ref different each time add new client - see d) above.

Then if the above can be done (or not):

a) how do I create an auto updating running total on a seperate sheet
as new client details are added (or each time do I have to renew the
sum formula to include the new client data sheet with the existing
ones).

Sorry if this is basic stuff and I've been searching the forum but
cannot find anything specific to my project (though I've found lots of
things that will help me so those questions have been answered)

Thks in anticipation, Liam

--
liam
liam's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19989