Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Not all columns are being sorted

ps. you can make sorting the data easier...

In xl2003, you can apply data|filter|autofilter to the range and use the
dropdown arrow to sort your data.

Debra Dalgleish has a technique at her site that adds invisible rectangles in
the headers and then sorts the data by that field when you click on one of those
rectangles.

http://contextures.com/xlSort02.html

Gillian72 wrote:

I've checked around this site and am unable to find my issue (of which I have
many. Sorry. Too personal.) Anyway, I work daily in a large spreadsheet
that has a growing number of rows and columns to BI (recently added from BA).
Now when I perform a sort, it only sorts from A - BA, with columns BC - BI
staying the same and all the data getting muck a muck. I can sort by
highlighting the specific cells (A - BI and 3 - 193). I'm wondering why the
Data - Sort doesn't automatically recognize the new columns. If I don't
highlight anything and go to Data - Sort, it has a range to BA. If I'm
clicked on a cell such as BG, it highlights only a segment of the sheet
(looks like column 88 to something and BD to BI).
If anyone can assist, that would be great.
Thanks!

--

Dave Peterson